Regenerative Sport, Spine & Spa, specializes in the use of regenerative medicine to correct common bone, muscle, joint, and spine injuries that are typically treated with pain medicines, steroids and surgeries.
Regenerative therapies such as platelet rich plasma (PRP) and bone marrow aspirate (BMA) containing stem cells, are a promising treatment for common injuries such as tendonitis, rotator cuff tears of the shoulder, meniscus tears in the knee, and disk herniations of the neck and back to name a few. For those who wish to avoid unnecessary surgery and the side effects of prescribed pain medicines, regenerative medicine may be the answer.
Most injuries involving the musculoskeletal system are treated sequentially with steroids, physical therapy and eventually surgery when all else fails. Most people are not aware of the damage that these chemical medications are doing to their bodies. Steroids, while effective at eliminating pain in the short term, have been shown to also cause the following:
- Tendon weakening or rupture
- Thinning of skin and soft tissue around the injection site
- Cartilage damage with long term, repeated injections
- Avascular necrosis (death of the soft tissue due to restricted blood flow)
- Increases the likelihood of needing a joint replacement by 9% per steroid injection